Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Hideaway...

I am a principal at a juvenile hall and I jokingly say that our school could be a reality TV show...there is always something going on~ I guess if I start blogging about juvenile hall I will have to make this a PRIVATE BLOG- until then I will speak in general terms. :)
I am not sure why some people at work shop for answers- have you ever experienced this? When someone comes to me and asks me a question and I give them a response, why do they continue to ask the same question? "I already gave you an answer"...Asking me again is not going to change my answer. Duh!
I was able to avoid most staff members today since I worked at the counselor's desk in the assessment center, it is one of the last classrooms at the end of the hallway, and the desk is in the back corner of this room (Which is currently vacant-Anyone looking to be an academic counselor at Juvenile Hall? I have an opening!)It was nice being able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the "Principal's Office." But after lunch reality set in and I returned to my office to work on transcripts, answer emails and phone calls.
When I got home I worked on some Christmas yard stakes that I plan on selling/donating to my nephew's school. I am making a few with simple traditional messages, such as: "Merry Christmas, Jingle all the Way, Joy to the World." The wood signs are painted- all I need to do now is add some pretty Christmas ribbon/bows and hammer or glue them to a stake...Tell me what you think...




6 comments:

Gwen said...

They are adorable!!! They would also be cute as door decorations. :)

Kappa Prep said...

Your signs are so darling. You need to open at Etsy store!!

With Love from New Orleans said...

Super cute!! You should do one with paw prints inspired by your pups!

LuLu said...

Those are really cute...I teach 4th grade by the way!!

The Shabby Princess said...

So cute!! And very festive.

Miss Janice said...

Too cute...Love the yorkies!